Character – Strength – Leadership
Classes begin Sat, Sept 9 at the La Center Community Center.
(1000 E 4th St, La Center, WA 98629)
There is limited space available. Register now to reserve your spot.
New Student Special
3 Classes for $29!
(Pre-registration is required. This special rate is for new students only.)
– First Class is Saturday, September 9. 2:00 – 3:00 pm
– Second Class is Tuesday, September 12. 6:30 – 7:15 pm
– Third Class is Thursday, September 14. 6:30 – 7:15 pm
The goal of Moy Academy is to become a person that has strength tempered by character and self-discipline.
Moy Academy has a Martial Arts program that emphasizes learning justifiable self defense, choosing to be a person of good character, and becoming leaders not followers.
It’s not easy being a teenager. Surrounded by bad peer pressure, and disrespectful and aggressive attitudes, the youth of today is overwhelmed by how to “be a nice person” but not a doormat. How to have healthy friendships. How to stand up for themselves and protect others.
According to the 2012 NCES (National Center for Education Statistics) 1 out of 4 kids is bullied in school.
Level the playing field by giving your teen the Strength of Character to say NO to peer pressure, and to have the self-confidence to walk away from the insult – but the ability to defend themselves if necessary.
– How to set personal boundaries and assertively de-escalate situations.
– How to maintain Safe Distance and positioning.
– How to block and escape from grabs.
– How to apply joint locks and body manipulation to control the attackers body.
Students also learn how to spar (based on Kung Fu, Karate and Boxing), do takedowns (based on Judo and Grappling) and how to control the opponent when on the ground (based on Jujitsu and Grappling). All this is taught in a safe environment by certified instructors.